Terms and Conditions
Retainers, Deposits, Payments & Taxes
1. The date of the event is considered “booked” upon receipt of a non-refundable retainer equaling 50% of the total value of the cake, delivery charges, equipment deposit and signed contract.
2. The final payment is due 7 days prior to event.
3. If the cake is booked 7 days or less before the reception, the deposit will equal 100% of the total cost and will incur a $50 rush fee
4. If the Client fails to make payments, ZubCakes will cease work, the order will be cancelled and no refund will be given.
5. Preferred methods of payment are CASH / PAYPAL / CREDIT CARD ($3 FEE APPLIES)
6. The Client will have a grace period of 3 days after the payment date to pay debt before the contract is cancelled.
7. Late payments will be charged a $35 fee.
8. Returned checks and surcharges will be charged a $35 fee.
9. Your order becomes reserved only when this cake contract is drawn up, signed & 50% booking retainer is received. The retainer is paid to reserve your date and is NON-REFUNDABLE in the event of a cancellation. Cakes are first come first serve and we only do a limited number of cakes per week. However, if you need to change dates or move your event, please call us and we’d be happy to make accommodating arrangements.
1. ZubCakes is not responsible for bodily injury, property or consequential damage, which may result from services.
2. ZubCakes is not responsible for any damage to the cake or shortage of cake caused by anyone NOT employed by ZubCakes
3. ZubCakes will not deliver a cake if payments have not been paid in full.
Fulfillment of Contract
1. ZubCakes is not responsible for any delay or inability to deliver based on accidents, natural disasters, transportation issues, inclement weather, illness, death, labor troubles, delay in supplies, disputes or strikes, or any other circumstance beyond ZubCakes’s control.
2. If ZubCakes has completed the cake but it can’t be delivered due to uncontrollable circumstances, the Client will be refunded 100% of the total cost. ZubCakes cannot be held liable for more than the cost of the above ordered cake.
3. If Client picks up the cake, ZubCakes no longer assumes any responsibility for damage caused to it.
1. The Client must notify ZubCakes if there is a change in the date of the event or a complete cancellation.
2. If the postponement occurs before 7 days of the event, no penalty fee will be charged.
3. If the postponement occurs after 7 days prior to the event, the Client will be charged a $35 fee.
4. If a cancellation occurs 14 days prior to the date of the event, all money will be refunded minus the retainer fee.
5. If a cancellation occurs after 14 days prior to the event, 50% will be refunded less the non-refundable retainer fee.
Changes to Order
1. Any changes must be submitted 7 days in advance.
2. Changes are subject to extra fees that are dependent on the changes being made.
3. There will be no changes allowed 7 days prior to the event.
Design of the Cake
1. ZubCakes will follow the Client’s requests closely to create the exact cake desired.
2. ZubCakes cannot duplicate an exact copy of another cake artist’s work but will ensure the look is similar.
3. All copyrighted or trademarked designs will not be made due to copyright laws.
Serving Amount & Sizes
1. The serving size is 1 inches wide x 2 inches long x 4 inches high (our cakes tend to be 6" high.)
2. Serving size estimations are not guaranteed to be exact.
3. ZubCakes is not responsible for a shortage of cake if the pieces are cut too large.
Allergy & Dietary Warnings
1. ZubCakes’s baked goods may have come in contact with the following ingredients:
• Red Food Coloring
2. Natural dyes, artificial dyes, artificial flavorings, sugar, artificial sweeteners, artificial color and other allergens not listed.
3. The Client is responsible for pointing out to guests potential allergy hazards
Ornaments & Special Equipment
1. All personally supplied items must be submitted to ZubCakes at least 7 days prior to the event
Delivery and Set Up
1. Tiered cakes have free delivery up to 5 miles. Delivery is HIGHLY recommended on all tiered cakes.
2. Any area outside of the initial 5 miles will be charged $20 for each 10 mile increment (one way.)
2. ZubCakes is not responsible for tardiness if the venue is changed within 48 hours of the event.
3. The Client may pick up the cake if not tiered. The Client assumes liability once it passes into the Client’s possession.
4. The Client is responsible for providing a suitable environment for the cake (away from heaters, vibrations, people, suitable surface, suitable outdoor setting).
5. The Client must sign a waiver to ensure the condition of the cake is satisfactory.
6. Once the waiver is signed, ZubCakes is not responsible for cake including collapse, melting, pokes etc.
Handling and Care
1. Sugar paste / fondant is not designed to be refrigerated. Cakes with this icing should be stored in a cool, dry place, preferably in the box they were supplied in. Refrigeration may cause colors to run / bleed or fondant to sag.
2. Butter cream cakes are best kept refrigerated until 30 minutes prior to the event to ensure the icing does not melt.
1. ZubCakes reserves the right to use all photographs of the cake for advertising purposes.
Cake Contract Agreement
Your cake is very important to us. Please carefully look over the event and cake details in the contract to make sure that everything is correct. If you find any mistakes, let us know immediately.
Please sign below to show that you agree the details of your order as stated in this contract.
Tiered and Wedding Cake Pick-Ups
Tiered cakes are extremely fragile and we HIGHLY recommend delivery. Important: If you are doing a pick-up, ZubCakes is not responsible for the cake, once it leaves our location. We will not replace or refund damaged cakes.
If you plan to pick up any cake, here are a few important tips:
*Bring an enclosed, air-conditioned vehicle with a flat/level surface to set the cake on. (Seats and laps are not level!) A minivan, SUV, station wagon or hatchback are best.
*CLEAR vehicle space of loose objects that could fall onto or roll into the cake.
* Keep cake as cold as possible during transport, and away from sunlight.
*Drive carefully. Turns, stops and starts should be performed in an EXAGGERATEDLY SLOW manner. Avoid bumps, jiggling, hills, and use a very slow speed on curves.
*If it helps, visualize that you are driving with an open bucket of grape juice, and you must not slosh it whatsoever! Other drivers will give you the evil eye… that is okay; they can go around you!
I understand the risk involved in transporting my own cake, and agree to take full responsibility for any damage that occurs once the cake leaves our location.